Wednesday, January 2, 2013

welcome 2013!


I love the fresh start of a new year. It's like opening the pages of a new book you've been wanting to read, or writing the first words on the pristine pages of a newly-purchased notebook, or opening a beautifully wrapped gift.

We had the most wonderful Christmas ever. I can't wait to share.

So many sweet memories.
I put away the last of the decorations today, so now I can focus on my new resolution for twenty thirteen. I usually only choose goals I know I can accomplish and make me feel successful. They've been things I want to do, like read more books for pleasure, practice photography, or eat more veggies. Nothing super-essential, but they make me happy.

This year, it's a little different. I'm feeling the need to challenge myself--stretch and grow and change things.
I'm excited about my goal to eliminate the excess--excess "stuff" in my home, those seven pounds I've been trying to lose, and activities that are time-wasters. I'm excited. I'll keep you posted on my progress throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment