Saturday, January 5, 2013

LIM: Black and White plus One

Less Is More is having one of my favorite challenge types:


BLACK and WHITE 
with a touch or a splash, a hint or suggestion, a dab or a  patch of 
colour of your choice!

Over my first cup of coffee this morning, I was reading your blogs and someone said (sorry, don't remember who), that they were two weeks behind in using supplies out of their box of new supplies.  Two weeks??!!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  My box of new supplies-that-won't-be-put-away-until-they-are-used keeps getting bigger and bigger and BIGGER.  I've never, ever been within two weeks of using them all.

So, before I even saw the LIM challenge, I knew I was reaching into that box for this morning's card.  On the very top were heart bling, a set of Sizzix embossing folders and a new set of stamps from Verve.  Here they are...

Thinking of You

This came together in FIVE minutes!!!

Now...continuing on my thread from yesterday...I am losing huge blocks of my time because on Monday I am a full-time college student again!!  I WILL continue making cards - but one of the things that I realized was that I simply wasn't going to have time to make and re-make until I felt they were deserving of being posted.  My new focus will be to post the card that I create - but also tell you what I would like to have re-done.  I think this could be a good learning time for all of us - a here is what works and what doesn't work feature.  For example, I don't dislike this card, but in my old life, I would have re-done it.


IF I COULD DO IT OVER...
The sentiment does not stand out enough.  I thought the fun font would give it enough interest, but it still gets lost.

This could be solved in two ways:
1. If I wanted to keep that sentiment, I could add it on a label die.
2. I could try a bigger and/or bolder sentiment.




Knowing myself well - I would imagine this feature will be a regular part of my blog posts as I can always finding something that I would do differently!
  • Stamps: Verve Treasured Words
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: May Arts Gingham ribbon, Marthat Stewart butterfly punch, misc heart gem, Sizzix Vine and Garden Textured Impressions

No comments:

Post a Comment