Friday, January 4, 2013

Finally! I just did it!

I saw this week's challenge at CASology and knew right away what I was going to make!



Just Do it

So the obvious question is why did I make a "Just Do It" school card for the CASology word "new"?

Because as of this coming Monday, I am a full-time college student!!


I haven't been in college for ?? years!  I did graduate in 19?? and I did do the career thing for a long time.  Then one day, my husband was supposed to be flying to California to meet with investors in his company and I had 200 people who had traveled to Colorado to attend a training session that I was running - and the baby got sick.  We didn't have a back up plan.  It took a few more years, but eventually we realized we could make it on one income and that we wanted a second child - and I've been home ever since!

BTW - Today the baby in my story turns 17 years old!!!

But as I look at the rest of my life, I realize that I have a lot of years to fill.  So I am going back for an accounting degree.  (I was an actuary - do you know what an actuary is? - an accountant without a personality!! - so I guess I am moving up in the world!)  I believe accounting will offer me more flexibility.  I can do the career thing by promoting my years of experience as an actuary in health insurance OR I can pick up a small clients here and there and work part time.

In fairness, I am going for an online degree - so I can do it in my jammies.  But it is a full-time program with an accredited B.S. in Accounting.

I have no intention whatsoever of giving up card-making.  In fact, I think I will need that creativity even more!  I doubt I will be blogging EVERY day; but I will definitely be reading YOUR blogs every day!!

That's why the CASology word "new" worked so well for me right now!

I also was thrilled to see the colors at CAS-Colours and Sketches - check them out against the school logo!


And I based my card (somewhat loosely) on the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.


Wish me luck!!

  • Stamps: Paper Smooches (pencil), Papertrey Ink Star Prints (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink die and impression plate, Stampin' Up twine, misc gems




No comments:

Post a Comment