Sunday, January 13, 2013

We Burn Bright Together!!

You are probably getting tired of seeing all of my black and white cards with a splash of color - but it just works so well on CAS cards!  I was cleaning out a box of embellies and found these arrows and realized that they were the perfect style for The Alley Way Stamps!  I am so in love with the light bulb from lighter than air.

Burn Bright

Burn Bright close

I was inspired by the sketch at unscripted sketches.


I'm also going to add this to Addicted to CAS whose key word is "embossing".  When I saw the challenge, I had planned on doing an all embossed card - like the kind that Susie does over at Heart Prints (it's a great link, you should go there!)  But embossing really helped me on this card.  I had originally stamped the light bulbs directly on the white paper without embossing, but it was dull (I forgot to take a picture).  When I saw this zig zag embossing folder, I thought it was perfect for electricity - embossing to the rescue!!!


I'm also still playing along with the black/white/splash challenges - Simon Says Stamps!
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Lighter Than Air
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise
  • Ink: Memento black
  • Accessories: Ranger Glossy Accents, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, Stampin' Up embossing folder, Heidi Swapp Disco Arrows Sequin Shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment