Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nuts and Bolts for You!!

One of the new sets at The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS) includes this darling robot!

Nuts and Bolts

Who would have thought that a robot could be this cute??

I had every intention to color him in.  I always stamp my images a few times on scrap paper so I can experiment with colors.  I had him colored in the tan with red/tan striped legs...darling!  But as I looked at the card, I really liked the old fashioned newspaper comic look of him.  Plus he has such a sweet, innocent look to him.  (OK, maybe I over-think my cards!)

After I made that decision, I realized that I do that a lot with TAWS stamps.  There's a new cat set that I used here in the same way.  And I used the new dog set here.  That's one of the many reasons that I love The Alley Way Stamps.  They can be fancied up - but they are cute and charming enough to stand alone!!

He is on the inside looking through the window.  The sentiment that is next to him comes from the same set and says "I'm Nuts and Bolts About You"!

I had the window cut, the cute paper on and him peeping through but it was a little dull, so I paged through current challenges.  Crazy 4 Challenges has a ribbon and challenge.  It hadn't occurred to me to add bows to this masculine card - but after I played around with a double bow (tutorial here) and added a bright red button - I LIKE it!!

  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Lighter Than Air
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen, Pure Poppy, Pink Paislee Secret Crush Heartbeat
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: EK Success Sticko gem, Papertrey Ink Fine Linen ribbon and Pure Poppy button, Spellbinders narrow rectangle die

No comments:

Post a Comment