Saturday, January 19, 2013

Seize the Birthday Masculine Style

Seize the Birthday is the fun new challenge that uses the same sketch for two weeks.  The twist is that the first week is feminine, the second is masculine!!  This week is masculine week.

Seize the Birthday

For the guys in my life, the simpler the better.  I was playing at my friend's house with her new Stampin' Up stuff (the very best kind of play date!) and thought this brilliantly colored paper was all the accent that this card needed!

Speaking of my men...I put Andrew on a plane yesterday with his high school band heading to Washington D.C. for the inauguration.
Mine is in the pink shirt!
Just as I was finishing up this post, my sister-in-law, who lives in D.C. texted me this picture of their performance this morning.  They had to play at 8:30 D.C. time which would have felt like 6:30 a.m. Denver time.  Ouch.  Teenagers do not function well at that time.


But, she also sent this very blurry cell phone picture of him saying "Hi" to us back in Denver.  He appears to be smiling.


They have free time this afternoon - hopefully my son will remember to snap some pictures of himself in front of various D.C. monuments.  On Monday, they are actually going to the inaugural festivities!  I told him to take a picture, even though I would guess that there will be a million people there and the President will be a little dot in the far distance.  Even so, there aren't many people who can say they have been to an inauguration!
  • Stampin' Up: a single (don't know the name!)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Parker's Patterns dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Embossing folder, button and ribbon, Spellbinders die

No comments:

Post a Comment