Friday, April 13, 2012

Joyful Hearts Hummingbird

Today, over on the Sweet 'n Sassy blog, the design team is taking a look at some of the "older" sets.  I had signed up to do a card for this week's set - Joyful Heart - I love hummingbirds and this set has a gorgeous hummingbird image along with beautiful scripture that works with the image.

I almost immediately regretted signing up for this particular set.  I thought that the set deserved to be showcased by artists with amazing coloring ability.  (I do the basics - and I am just vain enough to believe that I do the "basics" well - but I am NOT an artist!)  As I thought about it - I realized that are only a true few artists out there and the rest of us need other options for creating beautiful cards.  (If you want to see a few true artists, check out the blog link above for three beautifully colored cards.)

I decided to keep the image very simple - and add my colors in the background...



Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

You can see the stunning detail in the image, but I think the card is still rich and cheerful, even though the hummingbird itself is neutral.

I used the current sketch from the sweetest thing but flipped it sideways:



  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Joyful Heart
  • Paper: Stampin' Up More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Confetti Tan, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Antique Ivory Embossing Powder, More Mustard and Cherry buttons, lattice embossing folder and Cherry Cobbler seam binding; Martha Stewart leaf punch

No comments:

Post a Comment