Friday, April 20, 2012

Mojo adjustment

I was having mojo trouble this week. I had lost it somewhere between dropping off at pre school and picking up at middle school. I had lost it when I realized that I had to do a little more advanced quilting math so that the tutorial for the Viewmaster block would be very very correct. I lost it after my friend Amy had gone and it was just SO nice having her here. Whatever the reason, it was missing, so no sewing for me until yesterday.

I called Amy and was whining up a storm, seriously, she MUST just LOVE me (or my fabric stash) because she should have hung up on me but being an awesome friend, she threatened me instead :o) She said that she was going to post on her blog today about my lack of progress and that would MAKE me sew. What a true friend, a tough love, put on your big girl panties, buck up friend!!!!  And that threat alone got me started up! Thank you Amy!!!! I luvz ya!

Yesterday evening, in about two hours I had these wonky stars cut out and started for the Soldier's Angels quilt(s) I will be putting together in May. I want to get a ton of them started and just pound them out but I ran out of white *eyeroll* So, I am off to Joann's today.



My mojo was so hot that it woke me up at 3am ( I had forgotten to put it on vibrate) and I was thinking about someone I have known for a long time that I just found out had a baby girl last week!!!!! I was thinking about a baby quilt and knew that the Solstice Stars quilt that I have been doing here and there was a PERFECT baby quilt so I grabbed my mojo by the ear ( it did wake me up) and finished the next star before 8am! I did have the help of some caffeine because I am cool like that ;o)

This is the Mystery Star and I think it is my favorite!

If you have not seen the other stars, here they are together and the solids I am considering for the quilt when I get the final block completed, fingers crossed, today!  Every little girl should have Amy Butler, it is way better than a silly silver spoon ;o)


I had also completely forgotten, that I will be choosing another winner for the OMG I have been blogging a year giveaway on Monday if Catie cannot get her information to me by Monday :o(  CATIE, please send your information before Monday!!!!!!

I hope that you all have your mojo intact but if you do not, call a good friend to kick it's tooshie!!!!!

Linked to 

No comments:

Post a Comment