Saturday, April 14, 2012

Opposites Attract with CAS-ual Fridays

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to opposite, or complementary, colors on the color wheel.  I love blues/aquas and oranges together so this was a "must-play" challenge for me.

I also decided that I had better start using the various supplies that I had purchased and the various techniques that I had learned on a recent Tim Holtz  class from Online Card Classes.  I adore his techniques - the amazing colors - but I am not a vintage/grungy person.  I wish I could be better at it - I love it when I see it - but I cannot create a single thing that I like.  So I am challenging myself to use the techniques (and all the supplies that I purchased!) on simpler cards.

What do you think?...



Papertrey Ink

This technique is to stamp with an archival ink, preferably very bright, and then sponge over with a distress ink.  The two inks repel so the orange stays vivid.  Tim Holtz did an example with about 4 vivid colors in vintage patterns and then he sponged with one of his famous browns - it was swoon-worthy!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Beautiful Butterflies
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise, Ranger Glossy White
  • Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Venetian Orange, Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans, Stampin' Up Tempting Turquoise
  • Accessories: Papertrey Beautiful Butterflies die, Aqua Mist button








No comments:

Post a Comment