Monday, April 23, 2012

It's a Chair for #1 Dad!

This is my last week as guest designer for the Splitcoast Color Challenge and I thought this color combination was a doozy!!  (Or maybe it's just that I have been gone for a week, and then spent today dealing with everything my boys/man did not do on the list that I had left.  I haven't been thinking about cards and it definitely showed in the struggle that I had with these colors!)

The colors are Early Espresso, More Mustard and Pool Party, and the dessert is to stamp a background.  I thought "masculine" and then realized that I had a Papertrey Ink set to make my own Argyle pattern and I had never used it.


Papertrey Argyle and On My Couch


Now that I am done with it, I love the way the Pool and Mustard work together - and then a few Espresso accents to make it all stand out!  The argyle set is SO much fun - there are endless ways to put patterns together.  I wanted to leave some open space for the heart but you could also fill it with color!

My layout comes from The Paper Players:

  • Stamps: Papertrey A Little Argyle, On My Couch, Flourishes Mix-n-Match Mug (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party, More Mustard, Early Espresso
  • Ink:  Stampin' Up Pool Party, More Mustard, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: EK Success border punch, Stampin' Up Early Espresso Grosgrain, Tattered Angels gold mist (on the mustard circle and the lamp), Papertrey couch dies and dark chocolate button

No comments:

Post a Comment