Friday, January 27, 2012

A CASual Friday Chocolate Cake

 Today's Splitcoast Free4All Challenge says that is is Chocolate Cake Day!!  So they challenged us to use Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake on a card.  As much as I hate to do this on Chocolate Cake day, I really need to make sympathy cards for our church card ministry.  I originally started out with Cherry as an accent on this card, but I just couldn't get rid of the mental picture of a cherry on top of a rich chocolate cake - so a sympathy card just wasn't happening.  It worked much better for me when I switched to blue.

I also used the CAS-ual Friday sketch challenge.  I knew that it was meant to be when I saw that this week's sponsor is Sweet 'n Sassy and I actually already had pulled out their set Elegant Blessings to use on a classic sympathy card.



  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Elegant Blessings
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Marina Mist
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up embossing folder, Marina taffeta, antique brads, and scalloped border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment