Saturday, January 14, 2012

With Sympathy...with help from Online Card Classes

I am thoroughly enjoying this session of Online Card Classes - it's all about my favorites - Clean and Simple cards!!

I am a number of days behind on trying new techniques.  This card is for Day 2, at which time we learned about visual triangles and using masking to create illusions of layers.


These particular stamps come with dies to cut each one out.  I used plain paper to cut out a center with a Nestability.   Then I used the die cuts for the flower and the butterfly to cut a mask.  I taped each piece together and lined it up on my cardstock before I stamped the script.


As a final step - I used the Nestability as a stencil and drew around it with a white pen.


  • Stamps: Hero Arts Antique Flowers and Butterflies, Papertrey Round and Round (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up So Saffron
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, So Saffron pen, Colorbox Frost White
  • Accessories: dies from the Hero Arts stamp set, Nestability, white pen

No comments:

Post a Comment