Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another Idea from Online Card Classes

I am up to Day 3 of using the techniques and ideas from Online Card Classes.  So far, there have been five days of samples and videos and two bonus days(!) so I am just a little behind.  And now a new week is going to start...whew!

On Day 3, Jennifer talked about monochromatic cards and Tami shared a gatecard sample.  I put the two together to get this...

I used pop dots on my popped flower, but Jennifer had a marvelous technique in which she cut the die cut in the card stock and then six more of the same die cut in white.  She layered those all together to "pop" the diecut and in the end she had a wonderful white effect on the sides.  Gorgeous!  But I simply don't have the patience to cut and then adhere all of those layers.

My banner and sentiment treatment came right from the sample gatefold card (thanks Tami!)


  • Stamps: Hero Arts Sending You Love clear set
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral CS and dsp
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink flower die cuts, Stampin' Up embossing folders and button embosslit

No comments:

Post a Comment