Monday, January 23, 2012

My trial with paper piecing

I have been afraid to try paper piecing for a very long time. I don't know why I thought I would fail so miserably that I could not recover my standing ( in my brain) as a sewer if I could not master, or at least submit to, this skill. 



Friday was a lovely day and Saturday we started having some winter weather that kept me inside

and the kids went out to sled or at least slide across the thin layer of ice covered by a smattering of snow so I had some time

I came across a tutorial that I had printed up about a year ago on Free Spirit Fabric and decided I need to take the plunge and give it a go!

I am so happy I did, it was an easy and fun tutorial and I just had to figure out how to make it square instead of round ( LOTS of pins!!!!!!!).

I did a super simple nothing of a quilting to just give it something :o)


Joel Dewberry Heirloom goodness was my inspiration and I think it is STUNNING! I need to make a matching pillow so this one is not alone.

** I must apologize for the photos they weather is still gray and gloomy**

Linked to Manic Monday Linky Party

and Sew Modern Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment