Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Freshly Made Throwdown: Birthday Buttons

I combined two challenges today - the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the colors from Color Throwdown to come up with this masculine birthday card.



 The edges are inked just by rubbing along a black ink pad.  You never really notice this quick extra step until you have compared cards side by side - I took some before and afters on this post.  That quick rub just gives it a little bit of a shadow and that little extra dimension.

I made the circle and square buttons out of two different dsps and then coated them with glossy accents.


It's my oldest son's 16 birthday!!  I had planned to make something funny or sarcastic but just couldn't come up with anything in my collection.  So when I saw these challenges, I thought I would go for something a little more grown-up.  (I can actually enjoy his birthday because he hasn't completed all the requirements to get his driver's license so I don't have to panic because he is off on his own!)


  • Stamps: Papertrey Round & Round (sentiment), Background Basics: Circles
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray (the circles) and Basic Black (the sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Gray CS and dsp, Real Red CS and dsp, Basic Black dsp
  • Accessories: Misc circle and square punches, misc star button, crochet thread



No comments:

Post a Comment