Saturday, December 15, 2012

Seize the Birthday!

About a week ago, on this post, I showed you this card...

Turn on the Twinkle
In a number of your comments, I was complimented on my double embossing technique - OR I was asked exactly how I did it.  I actually did it by buying WAY too many supplies.  This fun "technique" is actually a Sizzix embossing folder and a coordinating die.  (FYI: The die is actually a nested die with multiple sizes.)
Just a Sliver Embossing

ETA: I knew that if I didn't look up the names of these products someone would ask, and sure enough I have gotten two emails!!  I looked through the Sizzix website and the folder is in a two-packed called Ornate Frames Set #2.  The die is called Framelits Labels Ornate #3.  (The second embossing folder has a matching set also.  It's called Framelits Ornate Labels.)

You really could get by with just the embossing folder.  When you emboss it - you get the plain space in the middle to stamp on.  I like cutting the die and placing it on top of that space simply because it allows me to wrap ribbon around it or to place a banner behind it as in the next card.

Since I had the folder and die out for a photo - I decided to use it again.  In this card, I used one of the smaller dies and nested it inside the embossed frame.
Just a Sliver
Cards are so easy when you have the right toys!!  (At least, that's what I keep telling myself!)
I did a birthday card today for the linky party for a challenge that is going to begin in January - Seize the Birthday.  It's going to be great!  It's created by a very experienced challenge lady - Lesley, the creator of The Paper Players, Freshly Made Sketches, Dynamic Duos, Merry Monday - and now, Seize the Birthday!!

I also used the sketch from another quite new challenge - CAS - Colours & Sketches.


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Birthday Bakery
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake dsp
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: Sizzix embossing folder and die set, pink bling and misc. ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment