Saturday, December 29, 2012

Have an Epic Year!!

It's a big day in my house - my youngest is a teenager!!  Yes...I'm old.  (Actually older than you might think.  Erik, the new teenager, came home from school with a story that he thought was funny.  A teacher was talking about the first moon landing and how long ago it was - so long ago that the student's parents wouldn't even remember it.  Wrong!)

My kids get to pick their special meal on their birthdays - either home cooked or dining out.  Erik is usually quite fun as he is a foodie.  He likes new and unique food experiences and unusual restaurants.  He went an entirely different direction this year - - Golden Corral's breakfast buffet - - seriously!!!???

2012 13th Birthday


I am so uncomfortably full as I write this because I couldn't possibly say "no" to the second serving of biscuits and gravy!!

Then we wandered across the parking lot of Golden Corral to the bowling alley.

2012 13th Birthday

None of us even broke 100!!

Then I had my husband take a picture of my boys and I.

2012 13th Birthday
The shortest one is the birthday boy - a new teenager!  The biggest one actually has a birthday in a week - he'll be 17!  If anyone knows the trick to making a teenager smile, let me know.

After seeing the picture, I decided the boys needed haircuts - they both look like they have had bowl cuts.  But the only way to get Erik there was to bribe him with the extra treatments - it's $5 for that warm towel and head massage - but he loved it!!

2012 13th Birthday

Now we are home and Erik is settled into the recliner,  hair a little shorter and spikier, PS3 remote in hand, playing a new game.

2012 13th Birthday


With this picture, you can see why I went the direction that I did with his birthday card!!


Epic Year

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I found this one really hard - that square piece under the circle gave me headaches.  But that's why they are "challenges"!


  • Stamps: Papertrey Trey Ink Boy Basics: Game One, Grunge Me
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake CS and dsp, Pacific Point CS, Black CS
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Star Brads, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nestabilities Circle dies


No comments:

Post a Comment