Monday, December 3, 2012

Addicted to CAS: Baubles

This is my second post today!

The current challenge at Addicted to CAS is Baubles.  I actually looked up "Baubles" - yes, I know what it means - but for me, it has always had a negative connotation - like "gaudy".  The dictionaries do say "a small showy ornament of little value".  That gave me "permission" to do what I had imagined.  I have these big gems ornaments that I picked up in a $1 bin (there were 12 on the sheet!)  For my style, they are really gaudy, but I thought on a CAS card, they might work!

Let's Be Merry



And what do you know - I like it!!!  (Sorry for the gray cast on the card.  I can usually get a card to look white, but when there is embossing, my techniques wash it out too much - so I leave it grayish.  Others seem to manage it - any advice??)

Being born and raised as Swedish/German, South Dakotan farm stock - I am extremely uncomfortable tooting my own horn.  But I have to tell you that I got a shout out for the first Addicted to Stamps challenge for this card.  I have to tell you this simply so I can show you the badge and give all of my family and friends a huge laugh over somebody finally officially pointing out my perfectionist tendencies...

My Baubles card uses the Fall to Layout from clean&simple but flipped (and I just realized that I didn't round a corner which would have been nice!)


  • Stamps: Technique Tuesday Jingle All the Way
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Red Glimmer paper
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Concord Crush
  • Accessories: Recollections (Michaels brand) baubles, Sizzix embossing folder, Stampin' Up Scallop Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment