Saturday, November 12, 2011

When NOT to quilt!



It was one of those days alright (or all right is that is how you roll), one of those I should have gone back to bed days that was met with folly after mishap. I should know not to quilt on those days but I went against my own better judgement, added in a few words mamas should never say and pressed on.

Thursday morning  started off with the internet deciding to shut down unannounced!  In my little world I had a giveaway post to complete and make to sure that my guest post was good to go. I called the in house engineer ( who was not in house but on his way to work) and his response was " I noticed that"...WHAT!!!!  I was then instructed to play with wires I really had no business touching and still nada!

I wanted to call my geek helper that is the master of all things IT related but it was too early in the morning and although this was an emergency to ME I am pretty certain he would have not seen it as wake worthy.

Then the engineer called back with a better solution that bypassed all the crazy ass stuff he was having me do before and it worked! Hurrah for ME! or so I thought...

I will skip ahead to the part where I should NOT be quilting.  I wanted to finish my mini quilt for the mini quilt challenge.   After all the excitement before 7am and not intaking my full dose of morning caffeine I started a headache. One of those OMG I am gonna puke headaches.  It continued through the day and I thought I could sew through it...WRONG! I had to rip my stippling  three times!! I finally gave up.

I finished the quilt this morning and I love it even with all of it's issues. I am happy to keep it as a reminder that sometimes it is just better to walk away to quilt another day :o)






I am linking this to Sew and Tell Friday


No comments:

Post a Comment