Friday, November 4, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches: Big Snowflakes

I really liked my idea for this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches until I took a good look at the finished project and realized that that poor little village was going to be crushed by those giant snowflakes??!!


I also decided to use a product that I don't tend to have the best luck with - Glimmer Mist (or any of the other brands).  I think it's because I like clean cards and I simply cannot control the blotches, etc. with glimmer mists.  I have a bottle of pearl sparkle that I use regularly because it adds a wonderful subtle sparkle to the card - but I have only toyed with color sprays. 

For this card, I embossed the snowflakes and then spritzed the whole panel with Tattered Angels Frost Glimmer Mist.  Also, the glimmer mist makes the whole card curl up to be almost unusable so I also spritz the back with plain water and it flattens right out.  After it dried for a few minutes, I blotted it off with a tissue so that the snowflakes show up.


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up The Snowflake Spot, Papertrey Christmas Blessings (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Marina Mist
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Versamark
  • Accessories: Tattered Angels Frost Glimmer Mist, Stampendous Kaleidocolor embossing powder, Stampin' Up Marina Taffeta, Martha Stewart border punch, Jolee's Boutique snowflakes

No comments:

Post a Comment