Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hopping with Sweet 'n Sassy!

Welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Release Day Blog Hop!

This is a very special hop because we have the Design Divas and the Digi Team together to give you a taste of the stamp sets, digis and dies that are being released tonight!

If you started on my blog, head back to the Sweet 'n Sassy Blog to start at the beginning. 

If you came from Makiko's blog - welcome!  I know you are having a wonderful time and getting lots of great ideas.

I have two fantastic sets to show you.  They are so different, yet each so perfect for the cards that I like to create.

My first card uses God's Purpose.  The main reason that I make cards is for a church cardmaking ministry.  That's part of the reason that Sweet 'n Sassy stamps are such a great fit for me.  This set is a perfect example.  You get this sweet chickadee plus a number of sentiments - all focused on "Thinking of You". 



I used Echo Park Dots & Stripes Christmas dsp which is currently in the Sweet 'n Sassy store.  The chickadee is stamped on kraft paper and then colored with Pastels Pencils.  The berries are done with Copics and a dab of Glossy Accents...and check out the Glossy Accents on his eye!  As a final touch, each branch is covered with some Stickles "snow".

My next card uses the new set Cozy Friends.  I used the same dsp so you could see some of the other patterns.  This guy does "warm my heart"!


His fur is white Flowersoft and it looks much better IRL.  In this photo, it looks like he is shedding!!

And...I'm going to give you a bonus card!  When I am making cards for church, if I make a boy card like the last one, I always make sure I have a similar girl card.  I'm not sure whether I like the bear or the penguin better??!


I love the sentiment on this card and it definitely shows why I love Sweet 'n Sassy.  Even in a cute winter set - they are sure to include a sentiment with "blessings"!

I used Doodlebug dsp and Pink Sorbet baker's twine for this simple card.


Next on our hop is Jessica Fick.

Once you have stopped by each blog, be sure to end up back at the Sweet 'n Sassy blog and leave a comment letting us know your favorite set from what you've seen.  Tonight at the release party, we will hold a random drawing from these comments and the winner will receive the ENTIRE NOVEMBER RELEASE valued at over $130 - 6 stamp sets, 3 die sets and 11 digis!

Then...don't forget to join us tonight at 8:00PM EST in our Sweet 'n Sassy Forum over on Splitcoaststampers - we have a great release party planned!  There will be full reveals of all the stamp sets, digis and dies, plus challenges AND more prizes!!

In case there are any hiccups in our hop - here is the complete list of participants:

SNSS Blog
Kim Schofield
Sandy Domelle
Ceal Pritchett
Mary Faus
Janette Olen
Makiko Jones
Kim Singdahlsen  - YOU ARE HERE!
Jessica Fick
Stephanie Wright
Dina Kowal
Holly McMillen
Carol Longacre
Taylor Usry
Cathy McCauley
Margo Smith
Bridget Finlay
Harriet Skelly
Monika Davis
Korin Sutherland

Happy hopping!!!! See you TONIGHT at the party!



FYI: The polar bear card uses The Sweet Stop Sketch for this week from the Sweet 'n Sassy Challenge blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment