Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Día de los Muertos ( Day of the Dead) quilt

My #2 son wanted me to make a quilt for him . I have had the Alexander Henry fabric for a bit and he asked for a Day of the Dead quilt. With such beautiful fabric how could I say no?

The festival celebrates and honors those who have passed in a very colorful fashion. There are sugar skulls and marigolds.  My children have always enjoyed the meaning and who would not like to make and eat more candy,LOL!




I decided on a simple strip quilt to be able to show all of the beautiful colors and dancers and musicians. I used Riley Blake, Michael Miller, and Marcus Brothers for the strips and Timeless Treasures black roses for the backing.


The back


I am sure this not quilt is not for everyone, I was even a little unsure when making it but the colors are so amazing ( it is one of those irl quilts). I am pretty certain my guy will be really happy with it!!!!!

Now back to my falling leaves quilt :o)

Linking up toFabric Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment