Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Papertrey January Blog Hop Challenge

For today's PaperTrey blog hop, we were to use a PaperTrey set that hadn't seen ink yet.  I have all of the Take Three sets and I even have the die, but with the exception of one sentiment, I hadn't used any of the fun square images. 


I really like the Clean and Simple look for Sympathy cards and PaperTrey makes it so simple.  Each of their stamps has such style, it can stand alone.  And...their sets often coordinate with each other, so you have a variety of options from which to select.

As I was looking at our greeting card sales racks at church, I realized that I loved the clean and simple look so much, that the sympathy section had no color??!!  So I had decided that no matter what the colors were for the SplitCoast Color Challenge this morning - I was GOING to make a sympathy card with color!



So - two totally different looks for sympathy.  I like them both and, although my heart will always tend toward lots of white space, I will have to bring out the colors more often!

Take Three Thinking of You:
  • Stamps: PaperTrey Take Three Summer and Spring, Through the Trees sentiment
  • Ink: PaperTrey Dark Chocolate, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, and a substitute color to match Blueberry Sky
  • Paper: PaperTrey Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky
  • Accessories: PaperTrey rounded corner square dies, Simply Chartreuse ribbon
  • Challenges: the sweetest thing Sunday Sketch Challenge

Wishing You Comfort:

No comments:

Post a Comment