Thursday, January 6, 2011

Citrus Cream Smoothie


Resolutions.  I resolve to eat lots of good food.   I resolve to buy more cookbooks.  I resolve to try lots and lots of new fantastic recipes.  Most of all, I resolve to continue writing and blogging about food.  In fact, today my blog turned 2 years old!  Hooray!

Prior to blogging I felt very alone in my passion for cooking.  It seemed that no one understood how exciting cooking was to me.  All my blabbering about food went in one ear and out the other.  It was a pretty lonely feeling.  Then I discovered food blogs and a whole new door opened up for me.  Finally I was able to meet other people like me who were just as passionate about food.  I treasure my friendships with all of you and appreciate your continued support and encouragement.   Thank you for being there for me and for understanding the passion!  Let's toast to many more years of cooking and blogging together!  I just happened to bring along the perfect drink......
Citrus Cream Smoothie
Serves 6

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups plain Greek yogurt
1-1/4 cups orange juice
2 medium bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons grated orange zest (from 1 large orange)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
1 cup ice 

In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium-high heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes.

Pour the cooled syrup into a blender. Add the yogurt, orange juice, bananas, orange zest, vanilla extract, and ice. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Notes/Results:  This smoothie is fantastic!  Smooth, thick, creamy and full of citrus flavor and aroma....it is a sure way to beat the winter blahs.  The whole family was crazy about this smoothie.  Since the smoothie makes enough to serve 6, we had enough smoothie left to make 3 popsicles (it's never to cold to eat popsicles).  This smoothie would make a great addition to your breakfast table.  
Now cooking the recipes of Giada De Laurentiis

No comments:

Post a Comment