Saturday, January 1, 2011

FIVE Birthdays, SIX SU sets

I am now into the 2010-plus-2-days part of my 2010 challenge to make sure that all of my SU sets see ink and things are looking good!  I was stressing a little too much about getting everything done yesterday so I gave myself two extra days.  I am not too fussed about it - since I have never actually completed any of my New Year's resolutions - two extra days seems trivial!

Here are the last of the birthday cards using my remaining sets (although now that I look at them, I am not sure why I put this first one in the birthday category??!!)  Then I have a few last miscellaneous cards to make and to post and I will be celebrating!!

Set 319 - A Tree For All Seasons

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up A Tree For All Seasons
  • Inks: Memento black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, Peach, black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up embossing folder, scalloped square nesties
  • Challenges: Just Add Ink: Summer.  The sketch is from Taylored Expressions #120.

Set 320, 321 - Happy Birthday Frame, Flower of the Month


I love "seasonal" things.  Before life got too busy, I always had seasonal decorations all over the house.  So when I saw these very old SU sets on E-Bay, I knew that I needed them.  My plan is to keep going with the monthly "Flower of the Month" cards as I believe the church members who buy our cards will LOVE them!.  I also added a "garnet" gem from this package of jewels I bought to go along with my monthly cards!


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Happy Birthday Frame, Flower of the Month, PaperTrey Text and Fancy Flourishes
  • Ink: Memento Black, copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Black, Cherry Cobbler
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Birthstone Gem Stickers, Stampin' Up embossing folder and label punches
  • Challenges: Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge (Although when I copied the sketch into the notebook in which I keep a list of all of the current challenges, I missed the cute little tag.  If I weren't under time constraints in finishing my 2010 goal, I would go back and add it because it would be a nice contrast to the dark on the right side of the card.)








Set 322 - In The Wild

This card uses the colourQ challenge for the week which I have to admit I tried to use on virtually every card that I started in the last few days.  I found it to be a tough one - although the other postings have been gorgeous.  When I pulled out the set "In The Wild", I knew that if I couldn't make this earthy color combo work on this card, I would definitely need some "color combo lessons"!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up In the Wild, The {Stamps} of Life sentiment from Banners4All
  • Ink: black
  • Paper: Stampin' Up black, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Vanilla, Basic Gray dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up bird punch (for the leaves), misc circle punches, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Stampin' Up Kraft Corduroy button, misc gingham ribbon
  • 




















Set 323 - Set Sail

My husband is an avid sailor.  We have a small sailboat up on Lake Dillon in Summit County, Colorado (that's where people ski in the winter!).  It's an amazing experience to sail surrounded by snow-covered peaks!  He also spent three weeks sailing around Cape Horn a few years back.  He loved it, but given his stories of waves taller than the boat and being lashed to the mast to stay onboard - it's not something I would EVER do!  I put together this card for his birthday (as long as I remember that I have it come July!)

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Set Sail, The {Stamps} of Life sentiment from Banners4All
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand, Marina Mist
  • Paper: Stampin' UP Sahara Sand, Marina Mist
  • Accessories: Fiskars border punch, Stampin' Up Linen Thread, Tim Holtz embossing folder, large brad in upper left corner from Hobby Lobby, smaller brown brads from Creative Impressions, misc circle punches.
  • Challenges: This is for a challenge that is new to me - in fact, I saw it for the first time this very morning.  I think I am going to like it as the sketches are fairly basic - not a million layers and off-kilter panels.  It's for Sketch Frenzy Friday.












Set 324 - Fun Filled

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Fun Filled
  • Inks: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Real Red, Regal Rose and Pink Pirouette (supposed to be Blushing Bride but I don't have the ink yet!)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Soft Suede, Regal Rose, Blushing Bride dsp
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up circle, scalloped circle and scalloped border punches, StarDust Stickles, EK Success corner punches












Phew!  I am going to take a deep breath and then settle back into my card corner for the final stretch.  When I started this, I had absolutely no idea how many Stampin' Up stamp sets that I had!  Now, I'm a little scared by the number.  Of course, that hasn't stopped me from already creating my wishlist from the new mini and sale-a-bration catalogs!!

Look for the last two posts toward my goal this evening and tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment