Monday, January 31, 2011

A Rock and Roll CAS

Today's SplitCoast CAS Challenge was the phrase "rock and roll".  I have a set from H&M Stamps (no longer in business) that I got when my youngest son and his best friend were in their "rock-on" stage.  They would go down to our barn (no animals in it - just a giant playhouse!) and do insane things like swing on a rope off of our hayloft to make their grand entrance for their rock "concerts".  I love this particular stamp because it is exactly how my son and friends ended every concert!




Now I need to rant a little on an entirely different subject.  I love winter - I really do.  But here is the scene outside my house right this minute -






That pickup truck slid right into the back of the school bus.  It is a total sheet of ice.  When I took my oldest son in to school at 7:30 this morning, I was coming UP the hill to my house and I started to fishtail and ended up briefly sideways.  It is UGLY out there.

But...school is in session today.

A few weeks ago, they cancelled school for the day.  Check out this picture of THAT day.  A picture-perfect sunny Colorado day!  And, it is important to note that I took that picture in the morning as I was watching the school cancellation notice scroll across the TV screen - NOT later in the day when the sun came out.



(FYI - that's the barn that is the site of the epic rock concerts!)

It will be interesting to see if I am still ranting tomorrow.  One of our news stations is projecting a HIGH tomorrow of -4F (after a nighttime low of -18F).  That would set an all-time record low for a record high??!?  So, all that ice out there isn't going to melt - it's just going to get bitterly cold.

OK, I'm done.  I'm happily at my computer with the fireplace going and a new pot of coffee brewing.  Life really isn't so bad.

And, here's the info that you really care about...
  • Stamps: H&M Stamps
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Summer Sun, Lovely Lilac, black
  • Paper: Stampin' Up YoYo Yellow, Eggplant Envy (retired), Black
  • Accessories: Brayer, Stampin' Up punch

No comments:

Post a Comment