Saturday, December 17, 2011

LIM: Variations on a Theme

The Less Is More challenge for this week is a theme challenge - music - and I decided to do Variations on a Theme (tee-hee).  How could I not do a music challenge given my living room has been converted to a music room to hold the piano, the organ, the saxophone, the clarinet, the trumpet, the snare drum, the hammered dulcimer, the bowed psaltery, the accordian (really!), and a myriad of records, penny whistles, harmonicas, etc.

I started out with the Stampin' Up Music Notes border.  (NOTE: I only have it digitally - so this may not be the size that it is in real rubber!)  First, I added the bird from Four Frames.


I had extra music note border pieces printed out and I still needed a couple of Christmas cards, so I went very clean, simple, yet regal for this card.


And I still had a border piece left so I prepared ahead with a card for my teenage saxophonist.  I'm sure he will have a concert in the near future for which I will need a congratulatory card!


Isn't it just a wonderful season for music???  I have multiple Christmas playlists on my iPod and I just had one of my children who wanted to earn some cash go through all of my Christmas music, find all of it that was between 115 and 125 beats/minute and create a new playlist that I can use this walk to go on brisk walks!!  Of course, I have been busy this morning with this challenge and with finally addressing and stamping and signing all of my Christmas cards - so haven't walked yet!  But I am ready to go now!!

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Four Frames, Jazzed Up, Verve Winter Wonder (Joy to the World)
  • Paper: black, white, Stampin' Up Marina Mist, Rich Razzleberry, Best Creations Gold Glimmer
  • Ink: black, Delicata Golden Glitz, copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Label Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, various circle punches (to do the "halo"), nestabilities rectangle and scalloped rectangle

No comments:

Post a Comment