Saturday, December 10, 2011

CAS-ual Misting: Heartfelt Sympathy

When this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge came up as using mist, I laughed.  I don't do mist.  I TRY to do mist.  But it's just too uncontrolled and random for me.

Unfortunately for me, right after I laughed, an image popped into my mind.  I need sympathy cards for our church card racks and I imagined a silhouette flower with a mist making it hazy.  I saw a gray card with a white mist - after 4 or 5 failed attempts - I changed to the colors in my current card.  (And I'm not even going to tell you how many times I stamped and then didn't like the misting!!)


The above picture really doesn't do it justice.  The cardstock is Papertrey Ink's Fine Linen which is fast becoming one of my go-to neutrals.  It can be used like a kraft but it's got a warmer tone to it (less gray than this picture looks).  So it seemed natural to use a golden mist.



And once again, I have to say, this is why I love challenges.  My mist NEVER comes out - but I am very happy with this particular card! 
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Just Believe, Close As a Memory
  • Ink: Black
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Fine Linen, Black
  • Accessories: misc gold balls, Tattered Angels Gold Glimer Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment