Friday, December 23, 2011

Baking in sensible shoes

I finally completed my cookie baking yesterday. I tried some new recipes from America's Test Kitchen 2010 Holiday Cookies book that I had purchased last year and just did not get around to using.

I pre-made all the dough on Wednesday and had them rest overnight while I rested watching Midnight In Paris. Beautiful costuming in the movie made me reflect on how DULL my clothing choices tend to be on a daily basis.

So back to baking...

I had to pull out the MUST wear apron that my G-ma gave me years ago and I wear it every year when doing the Christmas baking/cooking! Notice the sensible shoes...UGH! At least they are RED! And I did remember to wear my glasses when reading the recipe. Did not want to mess these up like the gnocchi.


I was lucky enough to have some help in the kitchen with the rolling of the cookies which was very nice

Powdered sugar HEAVEN. Adam asked if he could just have a spoon and this bowl.

This was the first round... Hazelnut Chewies


The second round was Cherry Cheesecake, can I just say...OMG!!!!! These NEED to leave my house!!!!

When I was gearing up for the next round our babysitter came by to say hello and I asked if she could take a pic of me and the kids. Since there is the huge age gap I do not have the opportunity to have more than two together at one time. This is what happened and it was the oldest one that was the goofball!


This was the best one.

The third round was Chocolate turtles, the carmel ended up being too hard but the cookie part was delicious!

Finally, whew! I made my favorite cookie, simple and the perfect coffee cookie... The Mexican wedding cookie ( the book calls it a Russian wedding cookie). Little puffs of heaven!

Then I boxed some up and off they went!!!!

This morning my feet are sore and I decided that next year when I get my Martha on I will not be wearing my boring sensible shoes but these!!!!! I think I can rock the apron and stilettos too :o)


Have a great day!!!!

Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment