Saturday, February 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Less Is More!!

The fabulous challenges at Less Is More is now one year old!  Happy Birthday!  The challenges are always fantastic.  The inspiration by Chrissie and Mandi is gorgeous and so very creative.  But the best part is all of the participants - it's amazing how many different and fabulous cards come out of a simple challenge.

This week's challenge is a repeat of the very first challenge.  It's a color challenge...aqua...


I knew instantly what I was going to do - I wanted to look through a "window" at these beautiful butterflies.  It was an instant decision because here is what I am looking at out my real window...


That pile IS a snow drift!

Just Thursday night, I was whining during an online release party that schools were closing in advance of a blizzard and, at that time, there was no snow on the ground and it wasn't snowing.  Well, it snowed...and it is still snowing.  My area was on the low side for snow totals - only 16" - but lots of wind thus the drifts.  There's a town closer to the mountains that got 50".  Wow!!

At some point today, I need to try to get out of the house.  We had church cardmaking on Thursday night (when it wasn't snowing).  I always leave everything set up with all of my supplies because we gather again on Friday afternoon. Not this time.  So a huge quantity of my supplies are the church - over half my ink (thank goodness, I had aqua here) and my Cuttlebug are what I am missing the most. (The window on today's card is actually the scrap left from a circle that I cut when I actually HAD my Cuttlebug!)  My man/boys are going to be thrilled when they get up and I set them to shoveling so that I can get my cardmaking supplies!!

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Butterfly Flourish
  • Paper: white, SU Bermuda Bay
  • Ink: SU Pool Party, Bermuda Bay
  • Accessories: misc ribbon, white Scrapper's Floss, Martha Stewart butterfly punch



No comments:

Post a Comment