Monday, February 6, 2012

According to my daughter I am officially OLD

Katy has deemed it so...I am OLD. She came to this realization when I could not resist these beautiful stamps.




There are not one or two but literally thousands. There are books and guides included too. I had wanted to collect stamps since I was a child but according to Katy only old people collect stamps AND quilt. I see them as tiny pieces of cultural art and well, whatever! I love them!!!!!


I did finish this block for the Solstice Stars Series on Fresh Lemons Quilts. They are really beautiful!!!!


When doing this block I realized I have no imagination so I tried some different things to help me visualize where the next piece would end up after it is sewn. This is what I did. Not sure if it is right but it really worked for me.


I roughly pre-folded the piece I was working on

Folded over and trimmed to 1/4 in seam

Placed the second fabric where I could see that after I sewed it would be covered all the way down to the edge.

Then pinned and sewed

Then folded the sewn side and trimmed again with ruler to 1/4 in

Repeat on other side


All the points will be covered.


I found it helps with working with smaller paper piecing projects too :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment