Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches: Both Way Blossoms

Pin It

I just recently come across the Stampin' Up set, Both Way Blossoms, hiding deep in my stash and when I find a "lost" set, I have to use it because there is some chance it has never been used before!!

Lucky for me, there are tall panels on this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches...




This card did NOT come together easily.  I started down a different color path.  This is my first card...


Is anything totally wrong with the above card?  Not necessarily.  But as a personal preference, I am NOT a fan of Always Artichoke.  It seems "dead".  I tried an interesting embossing folder to give it some life - but it just didn't work.  This card needed to be lightened up and given some life!  To accomplish this...

  • Obviously, I used newer colors and gave it a much fresher look.  This alone might have been enough.
  • The addition of a touch of black adds vibrancy to any color.
  • I like borders on my card.  I see many other cardmakers make cards without borders and I LOVE their cards.  But somehow, every time I try a card without a border it doesn't seem contained...it doesn't "end" and it bothers my eyes.  A frame makes a huge difference and in this case, a black and white frame allowed me to use a fun gingham ribbon.


As a VERY bizarre side-note....every time I use Stampin' Up Whisper White cardstock, my photos look blurry. It's like the slight sheen on the cardstock affects my camera.  I typically use Neenah Classic Crest and my photos are crisp and clean (I make cards in bulk and it's much cheaper to buy a ream from an office store). Has anybody else noticed this and is there anything I can do to fix it?

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Both Way Blossoms, Well-Scripted
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Lucky Limeade, Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: May Arts gingham, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders heart circle

No comments:

Post a Comment