Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Paper Players: Red and Green CAS Christmas

Do you ever feel like companies get carried away with success? 

Basic Grey paper is a great example.  Don't get me wrong - I do love Basic Grey.  But there was a time when I knew about and looked forward to each new release.  I could name all of the paper collections. I could picture the patterns in each release.  I always got the small pad and a good supply of the 12x12 patterns that I loved.  Now it seems like every time I turn around there is a new collection or multiple collections.  They come and go so fast - I can't keep track.  Of course, all of this could be impending old age as there is an unmentionable birthday in my future!!

Lately, I have been feeling that same way about embossing folders - and I LOVE embossing folders.  When Cuttlebug introduced them, each new release was a time of celebration for me - I'd order them all and use them all right away.  Now that we have Cuttlebug - including all their multi-packs and other permutations such as European Exclusives - and Sizzix, Quickutz, Crafts Etc., Darice and a whole bunch of European imports - they are all starting to look the same to me!! 

Having said, a great way for me to get excited again is to visit Sue Nelson's Heart Prints Gallery.  That woman does amazing things with embossing folders.  If you haven't been there, I highly recommend that you visit.  I particularly love her all-white cards using multiple folders.  Even in my overwhelmed state, just this morning I found folders I absolutely HAD to have and they are already on their way to me!!

Last week, I got an order that included this darling Sizzix stockings folder.  It's perfect for Stampin' Up's Stitched Stockings!



Embossing folders are always a perfect special touch for Clean and Simple challenges such as this one by The Paper Players:


Obviously....my overwhelmed state hasn't slowed me down much - I am still adding embossing folders to my stash!  But perhaps I have become slightly more...selective!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Stitched Stockings
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Garden Green, Poppy Parade, Whisper White, Silver
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Garden Green, Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Stocking Punch and Scalloped Border punch, Stampin' Up Dots Embossing, Sizzix Stockings Embossing Folder, misc ribbon, Nestabilities Oval and Scalloped Oval

No comments:

Post a Comment