Monday, October 17, 2011

FIOS lines were not meant to be run over by lawnmowers.





I was being productive and mowing the grass and was trying to cheat by mowing the planting bed too...BAD idea...


This is what happens when the blade of a lawnmower meets up with fiber optic cable. So, internet,phone and tv were GONE.






I found a pattern for a five square block that was a lot of cutting but I changed a couple of steps and made it super quick! I think this one block took 1.5 to 2 hours including cutting /ironing/figuring out what I was doing ;o)  The block size is about 18 inches so this will make a whole quilt in no time.




I am using Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley that has been waiting for the right season and project.  I was inspired by the trees changing in the yard and thought this fabric was perfect.





So maybe, hitting that line wasn't so horrible after all! 




Kim :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment