Friday, October 28, 2011

halloween fun: monster slime kit

I went visiting teaching this morning (yes, I know it's the end of the month :)). I wanted to take along something fun for Halloween. We had such a good time and got so "freaked out" making magical monster slime yesterday, I thought I'd put together a kit with the supplies so Cami could make it with her own little monsters.


SUPPLIES:
4 oz. Elmer's glue
1 tsp. Borax powder in a little ziploc bag
green food coloring in a little ziploc bag
tri-fold how-to card (download below)
cellophane bag
halloween ribbon


Simply package up the supplies in a cellophane bag and tie with scary Halloween ribbon. I left the glitter out since Cami has three boys and I'm sure they don't think it's as amazing as little girls do. (But I did create a how-to card just for magical monster slime that includes adding glitter along with the food coloring.) Take your pick:

green monster slime how-to card (include green food coloring)
monster slime how-to card (include any color food coloring)
magical monster slime how-to card (add glitter to the kit)


Fold your how-to card on the lines into a tri-fold like this and it fits perfectly in front of the bag. So simple and I love a gift or favor that's also an activity.

Enjoy!

I almost forgot. The font I used for the how-to card is Shlop from Font Squirrel. Cool, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment