Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Favorite Things Stamps: Day 1: Flowers, Blueprints, Knitting

I have been keeping a secret for over two months now.  I actually went back and checked. A very exciting email arrived in my inbox on September 23rd. It was from Kim van der Sanden of My Favorite Things inviting me to be a guest designer for the December release!!!  I almost missed this very important email.  I had actually ordered from MFT that very morning and the email from Kim was sandwiched between my order confirmation and processing emails - all from MFT Stamps.  When I finally saw it, I picked my jaw up from the floor, re-read it a few times to make sure that I wasn't dreaming, checked my class schedule and my other design team commitments to make sure I could make it work, and replied that I would be absolutely thrilled.

The day is finally here!  And the release is going to be so much fun!  I will have countdown posts from today through December 10th showing you highlights of this release, as will all of the other truly amazing My Favorite Things designers. The Product Launch happens Tuesday, December 10th at 10 pm EST and there will be another set of posts from myself and all of the designers.  Then there are Release Rewinds with even more inspiration on December 12th and 13th.  Phew!  (No wonder I didn't sleep well last night!)

I know this should be much less about me - and much more about the Release Countdown, so here it goes...

For Day 1, I was an overachiever today and did three cards.  (That's probably because I wasn't creative to enough to use all of today's products on one card!)  My first card uses the new Lisa Johnson Designs (LJD) set Grand Peaceful Wildflowers and the Grand Peaceful Wildflowers die set.  This is a super-size version of Peaceful Wildflowers, and includes brand new sentiments.  (FYI - I can't link the new products yet because they aren't available until December 10th.)


12_4_With_Sympathy

I do have to rave a little bit today over the MFT colors, inks, etc. I didn't have any of them before I got the big e-mail and I immediately ordered a couple of pads and a variety cardstock pack.  It's nice!  I have since ordered virtually all of it. The colors are just different enough from other major brands that they are definitely worth having. The ink stamps cleanly and the cardstock is heavy. They also carry felt, buttons and ribbon.

This card uses Brick Red ink (a gorgeous autumn red), Natural ink (brand new!) and cardstock, Steel Grey ink and Whip Cream cardstock (a new fave - it's off-white without looking yellow). I tied it off with the Hemptique Natural Twine that they carry in their store.

My next card shows off the new blueprint die set - Blueprint 10.  Do you have any of these yet?  The price can look a little scary, but just count up everything that you get and you'll quickly see they pay for themselves.  I am using the background panel with the round edges from the new blueprint set and a variety of the circles in the set.

Special Blessing

The sentiment comes from LJD Cheerful Blessings - it's an older set that I've had for quite some time.  For my personal cards to people, it's the set that I go to most often.  The card base is Kraft. The other colors are Blue Raspberry, Razzle Berry, and Lemon Drop.  The button is also Lemon Drop and I've finished it with the Hemptique Natural Twine.

Finally, I had to do something with the new Pure Innocence set (and there's one more new set at the end of the release countdown).  I am a knitter....and I am often a knit-wit so I know this card will be used!

Knit-Wit

This card uses Sour Apple (this and other greens you will see on my blog this week have become my very favorite greens!), Lemon Drop, and Wild Cherry. The buttons are Lemon Drop. The texture on the red strip comes from LJD Western Backgrounds. The scallop edge comes from Blueprints 6.

I am using the MFT Wednesday Sketch that just ended this morning.  If you haven't played along with their weekly sketches - they are nice sketches.  There is a $15 prize to their store.  You don't  have to use MFT supplies, but if you do, the prize goes to $20.  I have to admit to getting a good start on my ink and paper collections by winning these prices!

Now you need to head over to the My Favorite Things blog.   First thing to do - follow the links to all of the other designers.  Second thing - leave a comment on the blog - MFT has huge release prizes, better than I've seen anywhere else.  And I know you will see something this week that you just have to have!

Thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment