Monday, August 2, 2010

Bobby Flay's Crunchburger


I've always liked things that were different or unique. Growing up, everyone used to tease me because I always liked the boys with red hair. I think I dated every redhead in high school. They just stood out to me. Over a period of time, everyone started referring to me as "carrot girl". I ended up marrying someone with hair dark enough to be labeled as black, but somehow we managed to have the cutest little redhead of our own! When my son was born with red hair I was more than tickled.

Food Network first premiered when I was in high school, at the very height of my craze with red hair. I was smitten with Bobby Flay from the beginning. To say that I thought he was cute would be an understatement.

I got the chance to meet Bobby last fall during a food show in Lexington. He was so charismatic and carried himself so well. When he opened up the floor for questions I had to play along. Shy as I am, I walked to the mic. I wasn't going to miss out on this opportunity. While standing in line, I pondered over what to say. The only thing that kept coming into my mind was how gorgeous he was. When it was my turn to speak I opened up my mouth and told him that I had been a fan since the 90's. Then I preceded to tell him just how gorgeous he is. All the ladies in the audience chuckled and Bobby handed me this Caramel Apple Shortcake with Apple Cider Reduction.

Meeting Bobby was such a fun experience and I'm so happy that I "grabbed the bull by the horns" and spoke to him. I vowed then and there to start making some of Bobby's recipes, but as always I've gotten sidetracked...until now.

Presenting Bobby Flay's Crunchburger
...........................

The Crunchburger is Bobby's signature burger. I can see why. The burger is topped with a potato chips and a horseradish mustard mayo (Bobby must know I love mustard)!

Making the Crunchburger is as simple as whipping up a quick mustard sauce and frying up some burgers. I really loved the addition of the crunchy chips topping the burger and I especially loved the zippy tang of the Horseradish Mustard Mayo. The Crunchburger is my submission to this months Blogger Burger Club Challenge over at my friend Reeni's blog, Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice. I'm going to give it a 3.5 rating (out of a possible 4). It was definitely a terrific, messy, and delicious burger! You can find the recipe for Bobby's Crunchburger online HERE at the Food Network website.

I'm also submitting the Crunchburger to my pal Deb @ Kahakai Kitchen for her weekly Souper Sundays roundup of soups, salad and sammies.

NOTE: Me and my Zoku Quick Pop Maker have recently gotten a divorce. This week's popsicle is trapped in the Zoku chambers, which is why I'm bringing you the Crunchburger in place of Popsicle of the Week. Popsicle of the Week will be back next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment