Monday, February 28, 2011

chicky-boo meet ella-phant

I had a GREAT birthday! Friday I went to lunch at Rubio's (yummy fish tacos!) and a quilt shop in Payson I'd never been to (Gracie Lou's) with my girlie friends, Marci, Jen and Marina. (Yes, the same-same goofy ones from the girls' getaway. Love them!) Then on Saturday Lynn and I went to lunch at PF Chang's with my brother, Steve, his wife, Deanna, and my niece, Jessica. They'd never been (can you believe it?) and it's one of my favorite places to eat. It was great to catch up with them. So many birthday wishes on Facebook, text and e-mail. Thanks so much everyone, it made my day extra special.

I've looked at Heather Bailey's pincushion patterns so many times and couldn't get over how darling they are. Seriously, I've wanted one so much. I've considered making one, but there are a lot of small pieces so I haven't. Even better...check it out!


Jen gave it to me for my birthday and I LOVE it. It couldn't be more darling. I love it even more because she made it for me. And it's so me. Thanks, Jen! Big hugs. 


Oh my goodness, check out this little tail.

In the first photo you can see a little chicken pincushion I made in a class Lori Wilson taught forever ago. Her name is Chicky-boo (what I call Madi sometimes). She sits on a stash of polka dot fat quarters in my craft studio. I've named my new little friend, Ella-phant. Ella thinks since I named it that, it should be hers. Uh...no. Not sure where she's going yet, but it'll be somewhere I can see her often.

No comments:

Post a Comment