Friday, February 25, 2011

PTI February Blog Hop

Last month, for the first time, I played along with the monthly Papertrey blog hop and it was a wonderful experience.  So many people play along that you can put your project up and then spend the rest of the day visiting new blogs.  The participants are incredible - so many visitors leave comments that it is an incredible boost to one's blog mojo!  I immediately put this month's blog hop on my calendar!  And here it is...



The theme for this month is scallops - any kind, any way.  I have used tiered scallops like this in the past and love the look.  So earlier this week when I was putting up window treatments in my new craft room (!!!!!) I realized how cute a card could be with the same tied up "poufs"!

Then I had to decide on stamps - that turned out to be easy as my Papertrey order came in the mail yesterday and included these two little sets.  Both are so cute.  The sentiment comes from a mini set of three big sayings, the other two being "Make a Wish" and "Thanks So Much".  The set is labeled "#1" so I am hoping for more.  The stem and leaves comes from a mini set that also includes a couple of cute flowers and four sentiments.  I ended up not using the stamped flower because I thought I needed a little more dimension up there to balance the bows.

The colors were also easy.  I wanted to use Kraft and ANY color looks good with Kraft; in fact, I think most colors look brighter and richer against Kraft.  I have one plea if anybody official from PTI is reading this - Kraft ribbon and buttons???  What do you think??

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your blog hop.  I'm off now to refresh my cup of coffee and then enjoy my hopping time!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Flower Fusion #1, Think Big Favorites #1
  • Ink: Papertrey Dark Chocolate, New Leaf
  • Paper: Papertrey Kraft, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, New Leaf, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics dsp
  • Accessories: Papertrey Large Scalloped Border Die and Beautiful Blooms II #3 Die Collection, Lemon Tart button, Cuttlebug embossing folder, misc grosgrain

No comments:

Post a Comment