Tuesday, April 6, 2010

pinkerella the designer

Ella's absolute favorite book is Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann. It's a darling story about a little girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink. To turn back to normal, she has to eat a steady diet of green food (yuck!). (We leave out the "yuck" part when we read it to Ella.) There's a part where the little girl says, "Just call me PINKERELLA!" Ella thinks that's great.


Not only does Ella love the book, she is passionate about pink. For her fourth birthday party, we're having a Pinkalicous party. She's so excited. I have to admit, I am too. I've been working on this bingo game using Photoshop Elements and finally showed it to her today.


She went nuts. "I know how to play that game! I love that game! We played it at preschool!" I loved that she was so happy. After the excitement, she took a closer look and asked, "Where's the cupcake?" I told her I was going to use it as the bingo marker image. (Not in those exact words.) Nope, Ella wanted it on the board. I asked her, "How about if I take the heart off and put it there instead?" She replied after some thought, "Uhhhh....no, let's take off the car and put it there. I really like the heart."

Since when does an almost four year old give design direction? So funny. Actually I like the new markers better, so it was a good decision.

We'll be ordering pink cupcakes from Dippidee in American Fork. (One less thing I have to worry about preparing and they're beautiful--and yummy!) I'll share my other ideas for the invite, decorations, a project and treat bags when they're done. Have a pinkalicious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment