Monday, April 19, 2010

pinkalicious fun: banners

I love making banners for special occasions. I made one for Kate's baby shower in pink and green to match her colors and a pink and orange one for Ella's adoption celebration. They've become very popular now. I made two for Ella's pinkalicious party. The first one was just simple flags.


My favorite part is choosing the coordinating papers to use. I tried using only pink and white patterns, but it was very boring. I ended up adding some other patterns that each had pink in them.


I love adding a rectangular flag to the mix to break things up. I had Ella draw a picture of herself and sign her name, then added a sparkly crown. I'll use it later in her scrapbook.

I added a large, layered silk flowers with a big gem in the center to one of the flags on Ella's adoption celebration banner. Loved it!

The second banner was a little more fancy schmancy, but still very simple.


I love the white scallops and mix of squares and circles.


My friend Michelle, has this cupcake shape on one of her Cricut cartridges. It worked perfectly. The pink frosting is sparkly paper and I added a gem for the flame.


I die cut the scalloped squares, circles, letters and number at Pebbles in my Pocket. They measure about 5 1/2" each. Pebbles also has the center circle die cut, but I didn't have my paper with me so I cut my own at home. After I assembled each piece, I punched  holes on each side and tied them together using grosgrain ribbon.


Ella thought it was wonderful (especially the cupcake, of course.) and it was darling as a backdrop for photos while opening gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment