Tuesday, February 9, 2010

9th ward recipe book: choosing papers

Choosing the patterned papers is always my favorite part of any project. These are the papers I've compiled for my recipe book:














I know I'm going to have to eliminate a few. My favorite is the apples design so that one stays for sure. I love borders cut from a horizontal stripe and you can never go wrong with a simple gingham. I like that they're not too matchy-matchy and have taken on a bit of a vintage feel. Some of these I pulled from my existing stash, the rest I purchased at Pebbles in my Pocket. I find they have a good "hand-picked" selection--meaning they don't carry everything--just the good stuff. It makes choosing simpler. It'll be fun to see what I end up with and what you end up with!

Each of the sections (soups, salads, sweets, etc.) in our recipe book will have a different border.

TIPS FOR CHOOSING PATTERNED PAPER:
  • Choose a variety of designs and visualize each in about a 3/4" strip to see how they'll look as a page border instead of a full sheet.
  • Don't worry about being too matchy-matchy, an electic look will be more interesting.
  • Keep in mind the album cover color you've selected when choosing your patterned papers so you can choose a few in the same color scheme. 
  • Choose a variety of designs: dots, stripes, florals, etc.
  • Choose designs that are your style. If you don't think you have a style, you do! Pick patterns you would use in your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment