Saturday, September 4, 2010

Baby Alligator!!

I have a couple of pictures that I wanted to share so I had to think of some words to throw in and around them...so here goes!! Both pictures were sent to me via picture message from my daughter who is away at school. She is attending a beautiful school in South Carolina. The first picture is of a baby alligator. Yes, that's right, a baby alligator. It is a little hard, OK, a lot hard to make out! There is a beautiful lake on campus with a bridge over it that must be crossed to get to certain areas on campus. I remember during the tour, my husband said one of the parents joked around and asked if there were alligators in the lake...everyone laughed...

Well Caitlin sent us this picture all excited and said they have seen it a couple of times and some of them were wondering where the momma alligator was...I say good question! The kids do not swim in that body of water...

However that does bring me to the other picture that she sent to me just today via her blackberry...Yes, that is a picture of the beach! Her new school is very close to the beach, Myrtle beach to be exact! So when I sent her a BBM and asked her what she was up to today she said "beach" and I wondered to myself, why I had bothered to ask...

The other day while Earl was all over the news she sent me a BBM (blackberry message) and told me to expect a text containing a number and to let her know what the number code was. She was to type in the code and then I would be informed of any weather alerts down there whenever there were any. OH JOY! So I wondered was there an alert with Earl? I hadn't heard of it hitting SC. Caitlin told me that they just said to make sure and stay out of the water and away from the riptides...Oh, I typed, good plan. To which she typed back, "you know I don't go in the water anyway, I just lay on the beach..." oy...

Oh, next week a group of them from our area are planning to come home to see the game between CCU and the local university TSU. She will drive...I will worry...it is a long drive...first one without me...4 of them together...9 hours...

Oh and today's beach picture of the beach? My reply was...love it! she said, "oh good, we want to be as tan as we can when we come back for the game"...I just hope that between the beach and the baby alligator there is some studying going on!

Oh, and one more thing...Hubby and I already have our tickets for the game! That's where they got the idea...I don't expect we will see her more than in passing while she's here, I am bracing myself for that, and trying to prepare Dad...sigh...

Stay Pink!

No comments:

Post a Comment