Monday, September 27, 2010

a wonderful mess


It's not often I get excited about a big mess. Okay never, but in this case I was so delighted to finally be getting shelves in the garage and organize the space. It has been driving me nuts forever. Lynn kept laughing at how excited I was when the work started.


We have a neighbor, Dave, who does beautiful work. And he's great to work with. I told him I wanted a platform on the bottom so our water barrels didn't touch the cement. Then I had purchased containers I wanted to fit on a couple of the shelves. And I also wanted different spaces between the shelves on the left and on the right. Didn't even phase him. Then he asked me a bunch of questions, like do I want it this way or that way? Loved that. I think he's built shelves for most of our neighbors. He said to date he's built about 1450 sets. And he's fast. I think the whole project took about 3 1/2 hours and that's because he was stopping to show our other neighbor, Eric Ostrom, how to do things. He's helping him get his merit badge--so cool.


Almost done.


Ella spent days building beautiful buildings and castles with the scrap wood.


Lynn bought some hot new wheels to park in the garage now that there's more room. :)


And I organized. The camping gear and emergency preparedness stuff is on the left. (We still need have a few things downstairs to add.) And the day-to-day household/gardening stuff is on the right. Love it. For three days I just kept walking out there to look. And the best part is, I don't have to call Lynn all the time asking where this or that is.

Everyone is happy.

Thanks Patrick, we love our gift! (Patrick paid for a major part of this project as a combined Mother's/Father's Day and birthday gifts for Lynn and me. Loved the idea!)

No comments:

Post a Comment