Thursday, July 8, 2010

Poppee's Popcorn North Ridgeville, Ohio


Poppee’s Popcorn, Inc.
38727 Taylor Parkway
North Ridgeville, Ohio 44039
Phone (800)452-3235
Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm EST

We just got back from our week long vacation up in northern Ohio. We had a lot of fun visiting with my Dad and childhood friends. We also had time for a lot of other fun things: Cedar Point Amusement Park, Cleveland's West Side Market, dinner at Michael Symon's Bar Symon, and lots 4th of July fireworks and celebrations. There are always a million things I want to do when I go back for a visit. One of our family traditions is to go to Poppee's Popcorn, aka Jenny's Popcorn, in North Ridgeville, Ohio.

I first discovered Poppee's Popcorn while on my way to work years ago. Poppee's was located right by my office, where I used to go to work every morning. Back then I always rode with my windows down and every morning I would drive by and smell the sweet scent of caramel corn wafting from their popcorn factory. One day I decided that I had enough of "just smelling" the popcorn and I decided to go in and see what they had to offer.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I walked into Poppee's, but what I found tickled me to death. Poppee's sold HUGE 5 pound bags of their popcorn!! I had never seen such a huge bag of popcorn and I had to buy one, if only for a joke. That 5 pound bag of popcorn is ABSOLUTELY HUGE! No matter who you are, you have to laugh when you see it. It is at least 3 feet tall and about a foot wide. In fact, the entire bag is just about as big as my nine year old daughter.

To make a long story short, the very first 5 pound bag of popcorn was a HUGE HIT and everyone requested another and another. We've been buying those 5 pound bags of Poppee's Popcorn for the past ten years and it has become a big family tradition. Not only is it a fun thing to buy, it is economical ($7 for 5 pounds), and it's delicious.

We always pack the car a special way so that we have enough room to bring back 2 five-pound bags with us to Kentucky (my in-law's request a bag too)! This time around we got 2 five-pound bags and a pound of cheese corn. I highly recommend Poppee's if you live in the area or even if you are passing through. The kids go absolutely crazy for it and adults like it too. Either way, I couldn't resist sharing the picture of all that crazy good popcorn goodness!

Can't wait to get back into the kitchen and catch up on all my blog reading! Looks like you all have been making some great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment