Monday, November 8, 2010

we've been busy...

We survived Halloween. Ella woke up on Sunday morning (we went trick or treating on Saturday night) and the first thing she asked was, "Is Halloween over?" I told her it was. She asked if it would come again. I told her not until next year. She wanted to know if she could dress up again. I said, "Of course! Do you know what you want to be?" She pondered the question for a few moments and finally told me, "Jesus or a butterfly." Then she ran off to get some breakfast.

We've been busy. I guess I should say Lynn has been busy.


With the weather cooling down, we decided to make the switch between Ella's room and the office. They're right next to each other, but Ella's room has two outside walls and it seems a bit cooler in the winter. We FINALLY got her new bedroom furniture--I won't go into all the details, other than to say it was a major pain. I wanted to find another set, but Lynn really liked the design of the pieces. They are darling.

Of course the office wasn't painted, so Lynn spent time on two different weekends doing that. We just went with what's in the rest of the house--Kwal Howell's Sandy Lane. I know it sounds boring to paint everything the same color, but it really makes things simpler for me. It's a warm neutral and I love it. It looks tan on the paint sample card, but it's actually a lot more yellow. I've had so many people come to look at it in our home and paint their own houses the same color. It's so much simpler to change the accents in a room than to change the wall color. Even though Lynn does a great job painting, he doesn't love it.

Last night we put together the furniture and I now have a blank slate to work with.


It's a very blank slate. Ella wants her room to be pink and green with flowers and butterflies. I think it's going to be fun to do a "room makeover." I'll show the before and after photos when I'm done. Of course I'm thinking I'll keep things very simple. My plan is to make a quilt for the bed, unless I find one I really like. I've been looking for awhile though. We need a lamp, some photos/pictures, something for above the dresser, items for the shelves and I really want to put some vinyl lettering on the wall above the bed. We'll see what I end up with. Any suggestions? Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment