Friday, October 1, 2010

French Fridays with Dorie: Gougeres


Sometimes it is amazing what you can make with simple ingredients. Items we take for granted everyday like milk, flour, salt, butter, eggs and cheese. Combine them together and they can be transformed into something as magical as a cheese puff, or gougeres.

Light, airy, pillowy clouds of cheesy perfection that are so easily popped in the mouth.

The very first recipe in the brand new cooking club, French Fridays with Dorie.

French Fridays with Dorie is a new group cooking their way through Dorie's newest book, Around My French Table. I just found out about FFwD earlier this week and was interested right away. Did I dare join another cooking group? Yes, I did! Was I a little hesitant? Yes.....but then I received my copy of Around My French Table yesterday and all my fears were put to rest. It is truly a beautiful book with classic recipes, as well as new updated French favorites. The stories are personal and the photography is stunning.

Next week's recipe is Gerard's Mustard Tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment