Friday, October 15, 2010

French Fridays with Dorie: Spicy Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup


I have to say that I am loving all of Dorie's recipes and her Spicy Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup is no exception!

In her book, Around the French Table, Dorie's Spicy Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup is white and very creamy in appearance. This silky white appearance comes from the use of coconut milk, which we all know is some really great stuff! I used light coconut milk and added quite a bit of soy sauce to my version. I'm wondering if that's why my soup took on a golden color? Either way, it was absolutely delicious garnished with slices of cayenne pepper, hot chili oil, cilantro, Thai basil, and a little wedge of lime on the side.

A perfectly flavored and comforting bowl of soup that is healthy and delicious. I know that I'll be making this one again.

Next Friday: hachis Parmentier

No comments:

Post a Comment