Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Whole Grain Challah with Cranberries and Orange Zest


It's time again for Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day! This month our optional challenge was to bake a whole grain Challah with cranberries and orange zest. I was excited to get started for several reasons. I have never made Challah before, I have never braided bread before, I can never find Challah at any nearby market, and I loved the idea of cranberries and orange zest. I had visions of making some wonderful french toast with this bread, but I thought of my waistline and didn't indulge for once!

Next month we will begin baking directly from the book and I am hoping to improve my skills at bread baking with lots of practice! We are asked not to post the recipes, but this recipe can be found by clicking here.

Head on over to Michelle's site, our host, at Big Black Dog. There are some wonderful creations that were made with this gorgeous and festive holiday bread.
I hope you are enjoying the holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment