Friday, December 4, 2009

Twelve Weeks of Christmas Cookies Week #10: Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies

Thank you to everyone for your kind and caring comments regarding my back. I've been dealing with back problems since I was a teenager and actually had some back surgery about five years ago. I've haven't really had any problems since the surgery, BUT (there's always a but, isn't there?).....I woke up Sunday and couldn't hardly walk. By Monday afternoon I was in the emergency room and was sent home with a big cocktail of prescriptions. I think I slept for about 3 days straight. I am finally starting to walk and move around some, but it is limited and only for short periods of time. Hopefully, things will continue to get better as the days go on :D

In the meantime, I have quite a few recipes that I made prior to the back injury. One of the recipes happens to be these Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies. I first saw these cookies over on Donna's site, My Tasty Treasures.

Andes Creme De Menthe Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (10 ounce) package Andes mint baking chips
2 - 2/3 cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend butter, brown sugar, white granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until ingredients are mixed. Add Andes Baking Chips and mix. Add Flour and continue to mix until all ingredients are well blended together. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 45-60 minutes. Spoon out approximately 1 oz of dough per cookie. Form a ball and then slightly flatten. Place on non-stick baking pans and bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans for 2 minutes, then remove.

Notes/Results: I think this is a great holiday cookie and loved the mint flavor! I think it's a great palate cleanser and would be a terrific dessert with a nice cup of coffee or hot cocoa. The cookie dough itself is a wonderful recipe and I would love to play around with it and try different add-in's. Another winner, thanks Donna!!

Hard to believe that it's the tenth week of Christmas cookies already. Click on any of the links below to see what all the other ladies made this week:
Megan of My Baking Adventures
Barbara of Barbara Bakes
April of Abby Sweets
Megan of Megan's Cookin
Denise of Keeper Worthy Recipes

I also wanted to say a special thank you if you have sent me an award this past week! I will be picking them up over the weekend and will be posting them soon!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment